/* Misc ----------------------------------------------- */ .clear { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:1px; line-height:1px; }

Monday, August 09, 2004

Made to Order

There was absolutely nothing to do today at the office since the internet was down. Don't worry people, I'm OK, I survived, but I must say it was still pretty boring. In any case, since I lacked the wonderful world wide web to let my precious minutes drift away, I decided to do something I had been wanting to try in recent days: a bit of introspective, random, stream-of-consciousness writing. You know, the kind in which the author gives you a close up of the way in which his mind works and keeps whining about whatever troubles him and how he's so misunderstood or something. I tell you, its a great image to build for yourself.

So in any case, I indulged. I did it. But you know what? Although it might be helpful for my own writing, I don't think I'm going to show any of it to you. And you know why? Because although I started writing this for myself, by the end it was painfully obvious that I was writing it for you guys. I made the type of self-conscious, random, and self-conscious about being random, piece of writing that all you blog addicts adore. And I was going to post it. But then I realized that all that sort of thing feels to me like a lot of mental exhibitionism/voyeurism. What's up with that? Don't you guys have something better to do? Don't I have something better to do? I'm sure I do, plus it makes me feel ridiculous to go on pointless rants and then post them up for people to see. This blog is not a reality show! Go see 'Amish in the City' or some other crap like that if that's what you like, but don't come here to stare at my mind like it's some sort of freak show! That is not what this blog is about.

Oops.