/* Misc ----------------------------------------------- */ .clear { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:0; padding:0; font-size:1px; line-height:1px; }

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

VIVA BENEDICTVM XVI

From recent posts, it seems like Tremendous Trifles is turning into the Pope Blog, but what can I do? There is just way too much excitement going on these days. In any case, I'd just like to say that we should all be glad to have a man like Joseph Ratzinger as our new Holy Father, and I pray that all Catholics may really act like a family during this time and leave aside petty bickering. I also think that this is an important moment for orthodox Catholics to be humble, and reach out to those people that have strayed from Church's truth rather than gloat because our new pope is such a strong defender of the faith. Remember that love without truth is blind, but truth without love is nothing but "a clanging cymbal." Let us take these words seriously.

And now for the gloating... It turns out that now that Cardinal Ratzinger is Pope Benedict XVI, I have met TWO popes, and have the pictures to prove it! The best thing is that I met them both within one hour of each other! What an awesome grace! Now you can all look at the pictures below and wish you were as cool as me.